Monday, October 6, 2008

Adieu

It had been the most meaningful five months of my life, and I am very thankful for the experience.

I am leaving, but this is hopefully not good bye.

Teaching had been very therapeutic for me. I was so broken after graduation. I did not know how to go on with my life. I felt so inadequate - having wasted five years of my academic life. I could not let go of student activities, too. I had so many negative unprocessed emotions.

And now, I can say that I am well (maybe the word "cured" is too much to be used).

I don't want to think that once again, I had been selfish in making my decisions. Maybe I am selfish in the eyes of many, but I only listened to myself. And my selfishness is only temporary. This is for a selfless service in the future.

I will have to settle some things first before I can finally give the whole of me. I am young. I still have a lot to learn. I don't really have to hurry.

Events have always favored me despite my being spoiled and inconsistent. But things may not be the same from now on. I am ready for the consequences of my actions.

I wouldn't say though that I have nothing to blame but myself. Because from now on, blaming myself and others will not be part of my life anymore. Things simply happen, or they don't. I won't live in the ghosts of the past. I will live in the present and look forward to what lies ahead.

I am excited. I will start anew. And I will make it good.

For now, adieu. 'Til we meet again.

No comments: