Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Friends Forever


I read a blog post of Ate Edmee entitled Eight years of lasting friendship. It's been eight years since she and her friends first set foot at NDDU (then NDDC) to take up Accountancy. And now, eight years since that first day, they remain to be friends, even if miles separate them.

In my case, it's been more than five years; and gladly, I can say that we have remained to be friends and will remain to be such.

We are more than classmates (or former classmates). From each other, we learned the best lessons in life. We developed positive values. In a course where most students compete and pull each other down, we didn't; rather, we helped each other. We learned to become tolerant and understanding of different personalities. We developed relationships that are lasting.

The biggest day of our (or their) academic life has just passed - the day that we learned the results of the CPA Licensure Examinations. I thought (and they, too) that I will directly share this day with them for of course we were all expected to take the board this October. But only 12 of 18 took and I am one of the six who did not.

I may not have taken the board on the same date but I am with them in their happiness (for those who passed) and whatever else it is that they are feeling (for those who did not). The "result" day has passed and we made it through.

I am looking forward to seeing them. We will have a gathering this November. Members of Achtzen Virtus who remained in GenSan and those who reviewed in Manila and Davao will do our most favorite activity - overnight and videoke at London Beach.

Oh, but there is a problem (I haven't informed them yet because I remembered this just now)! London Beach is now closed. So we will have our gathering somewhere else.

And we might not be complete. Others won't be able to come because they want to be with themselves for now (you can guess why). Friends that we are, we understand.

We are all moving on, whatever the result for each taker is, and whether we took or not. Some will apply for auditing firms, others for private orgs and the rest will review.

But wherever the wind (or our feet) will take us, I know that we will be friends forever.

No comments: