Monday, June 30, 2008

Remembering Macky



Before anyone gets worried sick about Macky, I'd like to make it clear that nothing bad happened to him. We have the tendency to think of the worst when stories of remembering someone is heard.

My first encounter with Macky was when I went to a groupmate's (Jhaz') house more than a year ago to prepare for our Accounting 85 presentation. He was running and was being pursued by the house helper, for Macky did not want to take his bath. The Japanese spitz was hard to catch.

This is not yet the Macky my friend, mind you, but the very first Macky I came to know.

Actually, I met Macky the person some years ago. We were both in the leaders' circle in school. But I never really got the chance to work with him until two years ago. He was known to me then as Francis Rey. Then how come he was nicknamed Macky?! Wow, and I consider 'us' to be friends but I never bothered to ask.

He became known to me as Macky only a year ago and it was then that we became friends. So I'd say, I met 'Macky, my friend' only then. I hope I am making sense...

Why am I talking about Macky? Don't know.. I just feel like doing so at this moment. Macky is an interesting character and he is the most suitable friend to feature. My betsfriend Kris hopefully will not take offense. This is not really about friendship levels. Anyway, Kris in a way is a part of the story of Macky and me..

Imagine, while we were in the process of making the yearbook (I am the EIC, Macky is Associate Editor), Macky tried to take away my bestfriend (also a staff) away from me!!! But my bestfriend is loyal, well, hopefully. I am not really sure if Kris was tempted to change bestfriends. It would have been convenient for him because Macky would play the role better. I have not been the best bestfriend, but Kris had been the best (the story of him may come later)!! But in the end, of course Macky realized that I will always be Kris' best bud forever (bbf!!). The three of us remained friends.
.
The making of the yearbook had been very long. There were inefficiences and sadly, most of which can be pointed back to me. The staff were identified late, the activities were conducted late and everything was done late. And where in all of these is Macky? Well, he made everything easier and better. When all else failed and people were starting to point fingers and curse, I sometimes hid and let him face it all. He was a willing scapegoat. It was a VOX-joke that if anything wrong should happen, Macky would have to be the one behind it (even though he really wasn't). And Macky never complained...
.
The bottom line in the story of Macky is that he is the most loyal friend one could have, to the point that he becomes a martyr. So yes, we had been cruel at times to him (and his dignity) but we surely appreciate everything he's done for us. He will always be remembered as a true friend.

So where is Macky now!? He is supposed to be living the Makati-dream, working for a company there as an IT consultant, staff of whatever. And a true friend that he is, he texts once in a while (at least once in two days), saying the same things he used to say when we were still in college, 'Doncha forget to eat ur breakfast, lunch and dinner.' Now, there is an addition, 'I'm signing off. Just finished work.' And this message is received usually at 12 midnight to 4 am.... So nothing much has really changed. Macky is still a martyr, working until the wee hours of the morning.

Miss u much Mack!!!! Mwaash........

At this very moment, I received a text message from my loved friend, 'OT nanaman!!!'.......
.

1 comment:

macky said...

te! super! touch ako sa message/comment/description for me. im so flattered and honored eventhough my picture is some kind of destructive yet i dont mind it, all i know i had been a part of you and you will always be a part of me. though, we dont have much change to know each other well, but surely, the person (macky) whom you know will always be the same and if changes persist, it will be for better. we are in our own separate lives now, we are in our own mature decisions, and we are far away from each other. for the sake of art, distance is not a hindrance for us to build and strengthen the bridge of our friendship that we put up together.

may you now found the peace and fulfillment you are longing in your chosen career.for as a friend, what ever road you take, i will always be here to cheer you up and to say your in the right track even if others say its not. for i believe, no one could tell for our own happiness! its just how you handle and prove to them you are right!

salamat sa tanan ha! you have been a mentor, a model, an inspiration and a wonderful friend..


take care always and will see each other soon..


mwuash(coustesy of you,,..hehehe)


gandang gabEh pOh, doncha fail to eat your meal always... lab yah!



ΓΌ