Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm No Blogging Addict

Bo Sanchez wrote:
All addictions, whether to drinks, food, shopping or sex, are an escape from feelings we don't want to face.

Very well said. And it supports my claim that I'm no blogging addict!! I'm spending an hour or so a day, I seldom miss (but I did for almost a week, straight), on blogging - writing and reading blogs. At some point, the thought occurred to me that perhaps I'm beginning to become addicted to this. Or I already am addicted.

I always justify that this is not an addiction, but a way to express myself - feelings, thoughts, ideas, interests, etc.

And after I've read Bo's article about negative emotions - how people sometimes run away from them through their addictions, I feel better. . . Because I certainly am not running from negative emotions through blogging.

Blogging has given me a way to acknowledge negativities and conquer them. Yehey! I'm no blogging addict.

Haha. I'm reading inspirational books. Ate Kamz said (or implied) that an excellent reader reads anything and everything. Why am I justifying myself? Really, Bo's articles are funny, amusing, sometimes self-centered but you can surely relate. And yes, they are quite inspiring, too.

PS: I am not blogging as much as I used to; not really because I have not much to say. . . I don't know. Maybe I'm over the "overwhelmed" stage. But I still intend to keep blogging.

5 comments:

Angeli said...

good to know you are acknowledging that my inspirational books are totally helpful...hahahaha...yeah, Bo is kind of funny...i actually got the idea of making 1000 wishes from one of his stories...i'm doing them now, in a scrapbook i have started six months ago...but i'm still in the 50th...lots of my dreams are being fulfilled here though...

i'm missing you sweetie...i wish my path would eventually cross with yours out here in europe some day...

i love you always and forever...

zearaiza said...

i'm making my students write 100 dreams.... and relate the activity to the lessons. three classes have submitted their works already. but i have not finished mine yet!!! i don't think i will. i'm not being a model talaga. hehe.

but the activity is doing them good. i explain naman what it is for....

ewan. basta, i don't attribute it to bo sanchez. may pagka righteous kasi sya. yan, nanlait nanaman ako...

zearaiza said...

gaga.... sa europe pa ba natin kelangang magkita!?! yang statement na "i wish our paths would cross again" para yan sa magkakaibigan, hindi sa magkapatid!!!!

kung gusto mo magkrus landas natin dyan, i-sponsor mo trip ko!!!!

Angeli said...

giniguilty lang kita...no way na isosponsor ko ang trip mo no...you find a way for yourself to get here...basta ang alam ko,magkikita kami dito ni dab, definitely, kaya good luck sau...hahaha...

love you sweetie pie..

zearaiza said...

fine. kung ayaw mo, surely hindi ako matiis ni daboy. anyway, i'm going there and i won't see u. hehe