Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm Not Unhappy!

My bbf (best bud forever) Kris, at my urging, finally bought a sun cellular sim. We haven’t talked for a month so there was a major catching up. The call lasted 20 minutes.

The two topics of our talk were their review and my life here at Marbel.

He gave me the latest news on their end – preboard scores, dorm feuds, sacrifices, sufferings and the hesitations on taking the October CPA Licensure Exams.

May of them, including him, are considering prolonging their agony (review) to ensure that they pass the board on their first take. The results of their 2nd preboard weren’t so good. So I gave my unsolicited advice: take the board on October!

There is no difference between taking the board this October and fail; and taking it in May. Because if they fail in October, then they take the exams again on May. At least they would already know what awaits them.

There is not much to lose but there is so much to gain. Of course, there is the possibility of passing. If not totally passing, they may become "conditional", meaning, they will only have to retake two subjects on May. With the latter, at least they can start working on November; or can concentrate reviewing the subjects to be taken again.

Great. The one who is not sweating and having sleepless nights, the classmate who will not take the exams and who does not know whether she will be able to actually take it (that's me), spoke as if she knew a lot.

I somehow feel guilty (just "somehow"). While the whole class is there in the battlefield - others are on the verge of crying and others are actually crying, here I am, living a relaxed life at Marbel.

Speaking of my life, it has become an issue, too. Apparently, when Kris dropped by at our place in GenSan to give the first draft for the yearbook, my mother took the opportunity to share what she believes is my unhappy life.

My parents visited me two weeks ago and my mother claims that her precious beloved (and spoiled) child is not happy because of the ff. reasons:
1. I have a witch landlady. (Why did I tell her what I feel for that woman?!)
2. I don't know anyone in the dorm. So my dormmates aren't my friends. According to mom, what if something happens to me, who would help?
3. My room is ugly, smelly and gloomy. Come on, as if our house in GenSan is a palace.
4. I have no one to talk to. Rebuttal: I talk to my stuffed toys. They listen and actually answer back. Hehe.
5. The water smells foul. No problem really because aside from my being deaf and half-blind, I also have a very poor sense of smell.

Had she openly asked me if I am happy or unhappy, she will surely be assured that there is nothing to worry.

Why did I have to hear her sentiments from a third party? She tried to tell me last weekend. I did not let her go on because I never really thought that she was serious. Now, Kris believes that I am unhappy and would probably tell the rest of our friends, too. I won't explain. I have nothing to explain!

I don't understand how they equate happiness with clean water or a nice landlady. Funny.

I am not unhappy. I'm not very happy, too. I'm fine; and I am fine with just being fine. I hope that makes sense.

5 comments:

Angeli said...

go on...be happy...still no birthday gifts from me though...i stand firm in what i have said...but i do love you still

Angeli said...

ayusin mo ang blogspot ko...nasa u pa ang password at log-in ko diba? ewan anong nangyari..di nako makapag-post ng bago..grrrrr...ikaw na maghanap kung bakit sabihan mo na lang me..

Anonymous said...

Hi Zea, I dont know if you still remember me, I'm nate.

Debate, Dinosaurs? does it ring a bell..anyway I linked you to my blogsite. www.natemarx.wordpress.com

zearaiza said...

ate: your love is with conditions. that's not true love!!!! hmmmm. kung nagmamatigas ka, ako rin!!!

Angeli said...

ok na ung blogspot ko