Friday, July 4, 2008

Ate: in Gibraltar


Take a look at Gibraltar, a British overseas territory located near the southernmost tip of the Iberian Peninsula, overlooking the Strait of Gibraltar.


This is the famous Rock of Gibraltar. The place indeed has similarities to GenSan for they have access to the seas, hehe.


Ate is in Gibraltar already, two days after leaving our beloved Philippines.

It took two days for her to get there because they had two stopovers, Dubai and London.... Hitting three birds with one stone.

She may not have seen the beauty of the cities because they were not allowed to leave the waiting area, at least she could claim that she has set foot in both London and Dubai, even if only at the airport.

In her recent post in my Friendster account, she wrote, 'This place is just like GenSan, only cleaner, with roads paved and with hundreds of tourists along the the roads.'

I'm not sure whether she said that because she actually believes that there are similarities between GenSan and Gibraltar, or it's her defense mechanism for missing home, hehe.

Gibraltar is the least and last of places I was interested in before. I actually thought that it is located in Central America. I know now of course that it is in Europe, I've been told three months ago when Ate said she's going there.

I checked some sites and images of the place. It does look good and there in the background is the famous rock which was included in my sister's tales. I wish I could see the place. (Sponsorship, Ate!!!!)
.

2 comments:

jieciel said...

helow mam....ive made it...hehehe t.c..

jieciel said...

helow mam....ive made it...hehehe t.c..