Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Love Story on Hold


During college, when the idea of writing crosses my mind, I would immediately make accounts of my latest love obsession. I would start my story with the overwhelming feelings I had - the heart that stops beating, the meeting of the eyes, the assumptions and illusions.

I may have started my stories well but they never had an ending. In the end, I kept them to myself and ultimately, with the change of heart (crush), the articles evaporated together with the feelings.

So consumed I had been with love or the idea of it that I never entertained doing more meaningful literary works. But then, such job was not expected of me. I had been the copyreader in the publication, never the writer. And with the many articles I've checked (others were modified, others underwent major overhauls), I never had much chance to have anything of mine published.

Perhaps I took so much pride finding faults in other writers' works that I was afraid it would backfire. They might find fault in mine - signs of too much self-pride and egotism. But I believe that through the years, I have developed better and stronger values, hopefully, hehe.

I disassociated myself from the publication almost three years ago, so goodbye copyreading. And in the years since then, I grew farther away from journalism (No thanks to you Riki, hehe). I tried another career path.

Surprisingly, when I took on blogging, the idea of writing about a love story never occurred. It had been only now that I remeber how I had been as a writer years ago. Change certainly is constant.

But this does not mean that I will never write my love story again. I will just have to wait, for of course I have yet to experience one.

This time, I will be patient and hopefully, I can finish the story. It will be the first.
.

No comments: