Saturday, July 5, 2008

Runners Do Get Tired


For many years, I have been running. I've won many and lost some.

A few months ago, after my latest and most triumphant run, I suddenly felt the need to stop, and I did, with no rush to conquer another finish line.

Every athlete ages, gets tired, retires...

I don't think those were my reasons for taking a break. Yes, I may have stopped running. But this is only for a while- to rest, to listen.

Sometimes, we see life as a never-ending track and field match. We tend to forget to look deeper and appreciate the miles we have covered, the places we passed by and the people we meet along the way. We are so focused on the finish line. We run for the sake of running and winning, with no greater purpose.

It may not be too late for me. I am now taking one step at a time, absolutely not rushing; certainly not caring whether fellow runners get ahead of me. There is no need to achieve record-breaking runs. I will enjoy the walk and let God guide me......
.

No comments: