Sunday, July 20, 2008

CBA Acquaintance Party: Thumbs Up!

More than a thousand students attended the College of Business Administration Acquaintance Party yesterday, July 19 at the NDMU Gymnasium.

The venue was very well-decorated and everything was just wonderful. Students were grouped, six in all, and were given group names which include a color and an animal. The color red was of course coupled with horse, gold with eagle and white with rabbit. Not very original but we were nevertheless amused.

There were interactive activities like dance showdown wherein all members of each group gathered in the center to dance, one group at a time. Members of the CBA Indak demonstrated the steps and the students followed.

The CBA Dean led the faculty in a showdown against the CBA Indak dancers. And the Faculty won! As judged by the students. It was not a showdown where the better dancers prevailed, I admit.... The final performance was the final and only practice. It was practically a follow-the-leader activity. But the students seemed to have fun so everyone was happy, which of course is the most important of all.

At times like this, when I am left alone with nothing to do but sit and look, although hundreds of people are around, my thoughts wander..... to the future, to the unknown. I travel to the deepest part of my heart and soul. And while the students partied, I wrote my stories (on my phone) until the battery drained....

No comments: