Friday, July 4, 2008

Irresponsible Book Addict

The Digital Fortress, written by Dan Brown (the famous author of the Da Vinci Code), is about breaking codes. The US of A is supposed to have a machine that could decode even the longest and most complex of all codes. But this was threatened by something, the 'Digital Fortress.'
.
Deception Point is about deception of course. But aren't they all?! With Dan Brown, almost everything is about deception. It's about a supposed find of the NASA, one that is far greater than all other modern scientific revelations.
.
I finished reading two books in five days - Dan Brown's Deception Point and Digital Fortress. I'm on book number 3, John Grisham's The Broker.
.
This is probably the reason why I could not touch my laundry (unwashed for a month now) and test papers. How irresponsible.
.
I could not say that I like Dan Brown's books. It had been too easy to guess who the villains are. Dan Brown is somehow obsessed with unraveling hoaxes; and the plot is almost the same for all his books, including the Da Vinci Code.
.
But I certainly appreciate his efforts in doing lots of research work because his examples are very specific. Well, they SEEM true and realistic.
.
As for John Grisham, it's still the same. He remains to be one of my favorites.
..

No comments: