Monday, July 28, 2008

GMA and Leadership

I did not see and hear GMA’s state of the nation address. I don’t care about what she has done or what she will do. Her name and the whole of her being – just everything about her, are tainted. She can get defensive or play “paawa” and I don’t care. I’m giving comments and airing my opinion not because I care about her but because I care about my self and the Filipino people (and I’m excessively opinionated).

I consider myself a leader, too. I may not have held positions that would qualify even for one tenth or one hundredth of hers but I believe that I know more about leadership. (Haha, pamati) Leadership is not about me, myself and I; it’s about other people, those whom I am serving. I may be doing everything which I believe is good for them. I may give all my time, efforts and energy - but these are no assurance that I am being a good leader.

A leader is like a product. If the customers do not like you, whether you are good for their health or not, you are not good enough. Like a product, the leader’s quality is measured by customer satisfaction.

In Gloria’s situation, come on, who’s satisfied?!

PS: I hope rejectig GMA is as easy as rejecting or vommitting (I like this better, hehe) a product.

No comments: